FEATHER TOUCH, SHADING (NANO AND MICROBLADING)
Eyebrows are arguably the most important facial feature. If you are not satisfied with the eyebrows you have then there are a number of ways to update them however, the most natural option is feather touch (microblading).
Microblading (feather touch, feather stroke, embroidery) is a temporary 3D eyebrow tattoo for anyone wanting to enhance or create eyebrows from scratch. Please refer to our gallery page to view our work.
Microblading is done with a manual hand piece (microblade pen) and sterile disposable fine blades which are used to deposit pigments into the epidermis. Each eyebrow hair, placed one by one, is carefully etched into the skin to mimic an eyebrow hair stroke. We use pigments (NO INK) which are medically designed for human skin.
The microblading procedure is designed to be completed in two sessions.
The first session takes around 2 hours & 30 minutes to complete.
The first step is to use a pencil to draw an eyebrow shape (which is the most suited shape for client’s face).
Before the microblading procedure begins, a topical numbing cream is applied to the area to minimise discomfort. Some clients may feel a slight discomfort during the procedure. If this occurs then the therapist would apply a numbing gel so the treatment will be pain free.
We recommend that the second session is completed 4 to 8 weeks after the first session. The second session takes around 1 hour & 30 minutes and is free of charge at Mermaid Health & Beauty Clinic.
In very rare cases, and for a variety of reasons, a person may need a 3rd session.
The reasons why a person may need a 3rd session include the following.
1) Very thin blood resulting in heavy bleeding.
2) Very oily and congested skin.
3) Severe iron deficiency.
If a 3rd session is required then it should be completed no later than 8 weeks after the 2nd session for a cost of $180 plus GST.
If the 3rd session/correction after yearly touch up was held more than 8 weeks after the treatment then the cost would be $300.
Results may vary from person to person for a variety of reasons including skin type (oily, dry, open pores etc.), age, lifestyle, health condition, the body's healing process, skin tone, immunity systems etc.
Over a period of 12 to 18 months, the colour slowly fades as the skin naturally exfoliates. A touch up once a year is recommended in order to retain the shape and saturation of the pigment. If you don't have a yearly touch up then, at least 2 sessions may be required, which would be charged at full price.
Only for our existing customers:
microblading touch-up is $350; and
any combination of techniques is $450.
However, there is no guarantee that a one session yearly touch up will be enough for certain cases, i.e. a person with oily skin, semi-oily skin, previous background of tattoo, heavy bleeder etc. If a person requires a second session then a fee for the second session will be charged.
At Mermaid Health & Beauty Clinic we do not do second sessions or yearly touch ups on other artists work however, if you wish to redesign and redo your eyebrows from scratch, we are more than happy to assist.
Very important information prior to treatment
1) Please inform us if you are pregnant, breast feeding, have a heart condition, are diabetic or have any other medical condition, i.e. depression, bipolar etc. All clients will have a full consultation before their treatment without any exception.
2) Do not take any fish oil ,aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E , Magnesium, Ibuprofen or any supplement which makes your blood thin 3 to 4 weeks before the treatment.
3) Do not drink alcohol 3 days before the treatment. Please No coffee on the day of the procedure , If you really feel you need to , please not more than 1 cup .
4) Do not pluck, tint or tidy up your eyebrows 4 to 6 weeks before the first session of your treatment (if you want to have a stunning result).
5) Be aware that the colour of your eyebrows is going to change. For the first 7 days, your eyebrows will look very dark which is a mixture of blood and colour. Please don't panic.
6) Stay away from direct sunlight, Retin A's, chemical peels, botox (30 to 40 days before and after treatment).
7) You cannot have a spray tan or No sun tanning 30 days before or after the procedure. Clients must not have any chemical peels, Microdermabrasion ,Mesotherapy or any other intense treatments 3 to 4 weeks before and after the procedure.
8) If you have had laser removal treatment on your eyebrows you should have more scar tissue, which in turn, can cause the pigments to fade prematurely, look blurry or the pigment may not take at all. Please disclose any laser removal treatment that you have had to your therapist.
9) Clients must be off from high dosage of Accutane /Roacutain or any Prescribed acne medication for 1 year. No exceptions to this rule!
Possible risks and hazards
There could be pain even after the topical anaesthetic has been used for the first 20 minutes until numbing gel is applied on open skin for more numbing effect. Anaesthetic works better on some people than others.
Every effort will be made to avoid asymmetry but our faces are not symmetrical. Our therapist will explain the details about the differences between the right and left side of the face during the consultation.
Topical anaesthetic is used to numb the area to be microbladed. Lidocaine, Benzocaine, Tetracaine and/or Epinephrine cream and/or Liquid can be used. If you are allergic to any of these numbing agents you must speak now.
This could be the result of the poor healing, bleeding, very rare case of infection or cold sore or immunity system effects on the pigment. The uneven pigmentation will be most likely fixed on the follow up session. (Note: pigment blurriness is not fixable as it is the result of Macrophage cells on the pigment and it varies from person to person.)
Excessive Swelling or Bruising
Very minor swelling might happen to some people which will disappear in a few days. Bruising is very very rare and it depends on the client’s skin however, if it happens, it normally disappears in 3 to 5 days.
Infection is very very unusual. The areas treated must be kept clean and only freshly washed hands should touch the area. All our blades are sterilised by Gamma Ray. They are disposable after single use and very high quality. Skin is sanitised with alcohol. The gloves will be sanitised with alcohol all the time during the treatment. You might get infection during the first week after treatment if you apply any kind of makeup on your eyebrows or even your forehead or eyelid. Please avoid touching your eyebrows with dirty hands, gardening, cleaning with chemical spray and so forth.
The suppliers of our pigment have informed us that it is safe for MRI. However, you must inform your MRI technician of any tattoo or permanent cosmetics.
After care procedure
1) No shower for 3 days (body shower is fine as long as water does not catch the eyebrows).
2) You will need to apply Bepanthen, twice a day, for 7 days (your therapist will explain more for you on the treatment day).
3) Stay away from the sun, cleaning chemical sprays, gardening, exercise or any activity that may make an infection or allergic reaction while your skin has not healed (which should be for a period of 5 to 7 days after treatment).
4) No swimming, sauna, bath or direct heat for 10 days.
5) No make up on the eyebrows area for 10 days.
6) Make sure your pillow case is clean for the first 10 days.
7) If you are going to have an MRI then let your doctor know that you have had a feather touch procedure.
8) After your microblading procedure you still need to complete your eyebrow tidy maintenance.
The price of your microblading procedure is dependent upon the condition of your eyebrows, skin type and the technique that we select for your specific fact scenario. However, for guidance purposes, the minimum fee will be $790.
We offer a number of different techniques including microblading, nano-blading, shading, pixel technique, or a combination of 2 or 3 of these techniques. The price varies depending upon the selected technique(s).
As I am sure you will appreciate, we cannot provide a fee quote until we see you in person and have a chance to assess your eyebrows, skin type and decide upon the technique that will give you the best result.
As a next step, you can either:
a) book a consultation which will typically be 45 to 60 minutes (the consultation needs to be completed on a different day to the procedure - the cost is $100 which will be applied against the cost of your procedure); or
b) book a time to get a quote (no charge).
A payment plan is available. After confirming your booking, by paying a $200 deposit, you can then pay $50 weekly or fortnightly (up to you) until you have fully paid for your procedure. We will then proceed with your first session.
The second session, which should be 6 to 8 weeks after the first session, is free of charge.
Non-laser eyebrow tattoo removal
Our Clinic provides a non-laser eyebrow tattoo removal service.
A patch test is essential 3 to 4 days before treatment.
Please check the gallery section of this website.
Terms & conditions
1) A microblading consultation is essential. The micorblading consultation costs $100 and its fully redeemable on your treatment day. The consultation fee is not refundable if you cancel the treatment for any reason. Further, the consultation fee is not exchangeable for any other service, treatment or product in any circumstances. If you are having your consultation on the same day as your treatment, it will be free of charge and you will only be charged for your microblading treatment.
2) A $200 deposit is required to make a booking for your first treatment, which will reduce the cost of your treatment. Once you have been notified of your appointment date and time you have 24 hours to pay the deposit in order to secure your appointment (otherwise your appointment will be automatically canceled).
3) If you cancel your treatment after paying the deposit then the deposit is NOT refundable/transferable for any other service/product regardless of the circumstance (no exceptions).
4) A charge of 50% of the treatment price will apply to any cancelation of the first microblading appointment which is made less than 3 working days notice before the scheduled treatment.
5) If you cancel your 2nd session with less than 3 working days notice then a $300 fee will apply.
6) Please do not bring kids, family or friends with you on the day of your treatment. We are sure that you will understand that, in order to provide you with the best possible result, we need the Clinic to remain quiet and free of distractions.
7) We do not allow our work to be recorded on video or photographed (as we need to protect our intellectual property and avoid unnecessary distractions).
8) For your yearly touch up a $150 deposit is required to make a booking, which will reduce the cost of your treatment. Once you have been notified of your appointment date and time you have 24 hours to pay the deposit in order to secure your appointment (otherwise your booking will be automatically canceled).
9) If you cancel your yearly touch up then the $150 deposit is NOT refundable/transferable for any other service/product regardless of the circumstance (no exceptions).
10) A charge of 50% of the treatment price will apply to any cancelation of your yearly touch up which is made less than 3 working days notice before the scheduled treatment.